d'abord, je voudrais continuer à parler des panzerbjornes par philippe pullman parce que je n'ai pas reussi à finir mon analyse sur ce sujet. les panzerbjornes sont les ours en armure (armored bears). ils ont leur propre royaume (SVALBARD) qui le magisterium a voulu envahir. je crois que c'est évidemment une métaphore.
what better way to invade a kingdom but by invading its culture (its spirit). this is exactly what happened during the age of colonization where christian europe settled in the americas and colonized many parts of africa and asia. this story is written all over church history. it starts by converting the ruling class, then the nobles and then finally, the peasants. it then demonizes/ridicules local traditions until eventually everything about their identity had been stamped out completely. much like the king of svalbard who was enticed to convert along with his confused subjects. it must have started that way too for the filipino natives when their datus (chieftains) converted (under the banner of the sword) to catholicism. it must have been awkward and confusing for their subjects. their way of life changed. their spirit gone. they've become slaves to the imported culture (as when the state becomes the puppet of the church). although not portrayed very well in the film, the metaphor was perfectly obvious in the book. as it is still happening today. churches would entice celebrities, politicians, people of influence. and the masses are easily swayed. women now are being used to find husbands to convert. and boy do i know a few who did.
j'ai passé le saint sylvestre (new year's eve) en gardant mes neveux et ma nièce. je ne pense pas que je n'aurai jamais, mais jamais, mes propre enfants. ils sont petit monstres surtout le nouveau né (le bébé). do no get me wrong. i like playing with kids. but a one year old who requires constant attention is just too much. this is a mystery to me why people still choose to have children. it takes too much of your time. i now understand why they have yaya's (baby sitters). people pay other people to deal with the problems. and then just be there for the photo shoot. and then proudly claim that it brings joy to their lives. QUEL MENSONGE!!
1. loose weight (very high priority). i stopped running when i moved back to the big city. and i unfortunately gained the little weight i lost when i did. i believe i even gotten fatter with the unhealthy food thats available, the stress, the traffic, the pressure of living with family (i have got to find an apt soon) ..
2. quit smoking for good .. i have been smoke free for 1 year. i relapsed one time when i was left at the house and there was this bottle of cigarettes at my brother's room. long story on how it got there. moment of weakness. i took one. but for the most part i have been committed to quitting .. forever and ever .. héhé .. ow i smoked weed this one time this year because this friend of mine who smoked a lot of pot offered it to me and i didnt want to hurt her feelings. i dont suppose that counts .. does it?
3. study french. bonjour!
4. to take things lightly. i over analyse and then im usually hard on myself. ::self pat on the shoulder:: there there its going to be ok ... ^_^ my biorythm says things will pick up soon.
5. be more available to my friends and family.
6. as most people would tell me .. get a social life (very low priority)
7. quit living in the past .. everything seems better and happier in the past. but thats an illusion as i tend to remember only the good times.